* 3 cups of fresh or desiccated coconut (fresh gives the best results)
* 1 ½ cans (400gms each) sweetened condensed milk
* ½ cup sugar
* 1 tbsp. cardamom powder
* 5 tbsp. ghee
* 1 cup almonds blanched and sliced into slivers
1. Heat heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat and add coconut, condensed milk and sugar. Mix well and cook until condensed milk is reduced to quarter of original quantity, or until fudge-like consistency is obtained.
2. Add ghee and mix well. Cook until ghee begins to separate from fudge.
3. Add cardamom powder, mix well and turn off heat.
4. Grease large platter, put fudge on it and smooth into thick layer. Top entire surface with slivered almonds.
5. Allow cooling a little, cut into squares while still warm.
6. Allow to set, remove from the platter and store in an air-tight container.